If you can adopt, adopt.
If you can't adopt, foster.
If you can't foster, volunteer.
If you can't volunteer, donate.
If you can't donate, spread the word.
Every action, dollar, and conversation helps!
Other ways you can help cats and kittens:
- Shop on amazonsmile and choose Kindness for Cats, Inc.
- Sponsor a cat or kitten
- Donate supplies such as chicken baby food, Ensure Original Nutrition Shake (vanilla), KMR (preferably powdered), canned or dry kitten food, clean towels, toys, beds, carriers, soft infant washcloths, clean bowls, etc.
- T-N-R, trap, neuter, return ferals in your neighborhood; outside of Central Florida, get in touch with your local rescue or TNR groups for help.
- Look out for strays who might have been left behind or gotten lost; connect with neighbors via Nextdoor to search for an owner or bring the cat to any vet so they can be scanned for a microchip.
- Attend local fundraisers and events that support OCAS and Kindness for Cats.
- Lend your talent by sewing catnip toys out of fabric scraps or get the kids involved by making toys out of recyclable items; see more ideas here.
- Advertise shelter pets at your local business.